Want killer makeup this Halloween? It’s actually a whole lot easier than it looks!
You simply need the following:
- Liquid Latex (available on eBay)
- Black, Brown & Purple eyeshadows
- Fake blood (also available on eBay)
The SFX products were really affordable which is perfect as this is a one-off occasion look – unless you want to wear this on the regular. You do you.
- Start by applying the liquid latex to your neck. Allow drying time as this can take between 2-5 minutes to set.
- Use your tweezers to pull/tear a small section in the middle to create the throat slit. Precision is not necessary, as this looks more authentic when it is a little jagged.
- Fill the inside of the slit with your black and purple eyeshadows. The darkest areas should be focused underneath the ‘pulled skin’ to create a shadow.
- Smudge a combination of brown and purple eyeshadows on the outer rim on the slit to create bruising. Blending is essential.
- Place the blood inside the slit and let it drip down your neck. I sprayed a little extra to make it look a little gorier.
Keep in mind that this does take some time to look authentic. My top tip it to start small and build up as you go. It probably took 30 minutes of blending and building up colour before I started to feel happy with how it was looking. Also – Keep a photo nearby for inspiration. It’s easier if you have a visual to emulate from the beginning.